Lee Carlson Center provides exceptional and affordable mental health services for families, children, youth, and adults in our community.


Clinical Services

Domestic Abuse Program

Bridgeview Drop-In Center

School-Based Program

Support Groups

Getting Help

Getting help

Our intake staff understands that navigating the mental health system is not easy.

At Lee Carlson Center you’re not required to fill out any paperwork in advance.

Simply call us. 

We’ll listen, answer your questions and determine the best path for you.     

We accept all third party insurances including medical assistance and offer a sliding fee scale to residents of Anoka County.

  • For more information about services at our Fridley clinic call 763-780-3036
  • For questions about the Domestic Abuse Program, call 763-783-4914
  • To learn more about Bridgeview, our drop-in center for adults with serious & persistent mental illness, call 763-783-7440 

Other Resources:

For mental health situations:

Canvas Health Services

www.canvashealth.org - 763-755-3801

Mobile mental health crisis services for children, adults and families in Anoka County.  Crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization services available 24 hours per day. 


For other mental health connections:

Anoka County Human Services – Children & Family Services Mental Health
 www.co.anoka.mn.us - 763-712-2722

Helps parents and others identify behaviors in children and youth that may indicate a mental health issue.

Provides informal mental health screening, case management and other support services & connects families to resources in the community. 


Anoka County Human Services – Adult Mental Health
www.co.anoka.mn.us - 763-422-7070

Case management, information & referral, screening, outpatient
Mental health services, crisis mental health, supported employment, respite care & day treatment.


MN Assn. for Children’s Mental Health (MACMH)
www.macmh.org - 651-644-7333 or Toll-Free:1-800-528-4511              

Advocacy and support for parents, Parent-to-Parent connection


Mental Health Association of Minnesota


Phone: 612-331-6840 800-862-1799
Email: info@mentalhealthmn.org

Advocacy to help individuals and families navigate the mental health system.

Issues advocacy representing people with mental illnesses to ensure and maintain parity in health care coverage.


NAMI MN - National Alliance on Mental Illness of Minnesota
www.namihelps.org - 1-888-NAMI-HELPS

Education, support & advocacy for adults & children with mental
illness and their families.


Pacer Center
www.pacer.org - 1.800.537.2237 or 952.838.9000

Parent training and information center for families of children and youth with all disabilities from birth through 21 years. Located in Minneapolis, it serves families across the nation, as well as those in Minnesota.


www.rise.org - 763-786-8334

Employment services, mental health housing support, community
inclusion, employment, housing and self-sufficiency for people who
have significant disabilities and other barriers, including those who
are refugees & immigrants.   


Autism Resource Guide


MN. Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (MOFAS)
www.mofas.org - 651-917-2370 or Toll-Free: 1-866-90-MOFAS (66327)

Diagnosis, Training & Prevention for Fetal Alcohol


Ideas and strategies for working with difficult children.
Parent-to-parent support.


For help with Domestic Violence issues:

Alexandra House
www.alexandrahouse.org - 763-780-2332

Anoka County Domestic Violence Crisis Line – 1-866-223-1111

24-hour emergency shelter, support services and advocacy to female victims of domestic violence.  Located in the cities of Blaine and Anoka, but serve victims of domestic violence across the state of Minnesota.


For help with Sexual Assault/Abuse issues:

SANE - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Programs

Locally, these programs are offered at:

Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids
Unity Hospital in Fridley
Buffalo Hospital in Buffalo
United Hospital in St. Paul
Childrens Hospital in St. Paul
Fairview Hospital in Princeton

SANE programs offer victims prompt, compassionate care and comprehensive forensic evidence collection.  In addition to helping preserve the victim’s dignity and reduce psychological trauma.

United Way First Call for Help

211 or 651-291-0211 (free and confidential)

Trained information specialists and volunteers can connect you to over 40,000 community resources.


Other support:

Anoka Country Community Resource Guide
www.accap.org - http://www.accap.org/resource_guide.asp

Variety of services offered in Anoka County are listed in guide

Anoka County Community Action Program, Inc. (ACCAP)