Looking to expand your knowledge and explore other career areas of mental health? We’ve got you covered! Lee Carlson Center has seven unique programs where we use a variety of therapeutic approaches to support clients of different ages and stages in their healing. This is an exciting time to join our team as we adapt and modify every part of our organization to be more trauma-informed to better serve our community. We will help you grow in your career path, whether you want to become an “expert therapist” in a certain modality, a clinical supervisor who mentors others, or even a senior nonprofit leader.
Lee Carlson Center offers consistent opportunities for professional development, innovative training, and collaboration across programs, so you can grow your knowledge as you gain more experience. When we say we’re a team at Lee Carlson, we truly mean it. We work together, learn together, and grow together – because we know that we can provide the best support to our clients when we’re taking care of our own well-being.
Who We Are:
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being, a 501c3 non-profit, is one of Minnesota’s primary providers of outpatient mental health services in Anoka County, Hennepin County, and surrounding areas. A beacon of hope and healing for over 40 years, our mission is to provide exceptional and affordable mental health services to families, children, youth, and adults.
This role will work as part of the billing team to provide medical billing support, such as day-to-day billing to a variety of payers for mental health services, as well as performing a variety of other billing and payment tasks.
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Monitor, research and resubmit claim denials and rejections in a timely manner.
- Work with multiple insurance providers regarding claims, prior authorizations, and other billing related inquiries.
- Answer patient inquiries regarding status of accounts and document conversation in appropriate patient records on computer or client file.
- Maintain all records and files and backup documentation related to accounts receivable/billing.
- Research and respond to all billing inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Prepare and mail client statements monthly.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree in Medical Billing & Coding and/or 3 years or more experience in Medical Billing required preferably in a Behavioral/Mental Health background.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: if applicable
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems
- Effective communication abilities for insurance payers, coworkers, and patients both orally and in writing.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Critical thinking skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers and ability to calculate percentages.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift a minimum of twenty-five pounds.
- Work Environment: May sit for extended periods of time and possibility of hybrid home/office schedule.
- Other Skills Required: Must be proficient in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications and Electronic Medical Record (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and EMR system).
- Reasoning: Must be able to solve complex problems independently and demonstrate strong people skills.
- Ability to achieve and maintain status of “not disqualified” upon completion of criminal background studies.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of drivers’ insurance, a satisfactory driving record and reliable transportation if applicable to position.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Choice of 2 HealthPartners health plans, dental and vision insurance, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, 403(b) Retirement Account with company match, and Employee Assistance Program available.
- Generous time off, including 3 weeks of personal time, as well as ten all-agency days off.
- Opportunities for internal career advancement
- Reimbursement of license exam, license renewal fees, and mileage when applicable
- Competitive training program in evidence-based practices
- Professional Development Plan supported by the agency, as well as opportunities for internal career advancement
- Organizational commitment to staff wellness, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Collaborating closely with a team of diverse and committed mental health professionals to have influence in the community
To apply please send a resume and cover letter with interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Protected Veterans / Disabled.
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. If you have a disability or impairment and as a result you not able to complete an online application, please contact the Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being Human Resource Department at 763.780.3036 ext 835.
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being does not discriminate against any qualified applicant or employee because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance in implementing the policy concerning non-discrimination based on national origin or religion.