Trauma Focused Therapist
$2500 HIRING BONUS: $1000 after 90 days of employment + $1500 after 1 year of employment
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being, a 501c3 non-profit, the primary provider of outpatient mental health services in Anoka County, Hennepin County and surrounding areas, is recruiting a Trauma Focused Therapist who can provide services to individuals and their families, particularly in our Intensive Treatment in Foster Care (ITFC) and Children’s Therapeutic Services and Support (CTSS) programs.
This position’s primary casework territory will include areas of Hennepin, Wright, Sherburne or Benton Counties, depending upon location. The primary objective of this position is to provide mental health assessment and mental health therapy with children in adolescents in a foster care program, as well as their families. Clinical work will occur primarily at in home and in the community, but may also occur at school or clinic sites when necessary.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Qualified Clinical Trainee actively pursuing licensure in Minnesota in one of the following required credentials; LICSW, LPCC, LMFT, LP.
- Comfortable with in-home work and knowledgeable of boundaries and ethics related to in home work.
- Experience working with a range of ages with developmental trauma and attachment based difficulties.
- Organized, self-sufficient, works well with an interdisciplinary team as well as alone.
- Experience providing family therapy and psycho-education to family from a trauma-informed lens.
- Experience with foster-care populations, day treatment or residential, preferred but not mandatory.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary based upon experience, plus hiring bonus for several programs
- Choice of 2 HealthPartners health plans, dental and vision insurance, employer paid life insurance and long term
- Generous time off, including 3 weeks of personal time, as well as 10 all-agency days off.
- Opportunities for internal career advancement
- Reimbursement of license exam, license renewal fees, and mileage when applicable
- Competitive training program in evidence-based practices
- Professional Development Plan supported by the agency, as well as opportunities for internal career advancement
- Organizational commitment to staff wellness, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Working closely with a team of diverse and committed mental health professionals to make a difference in the community
To apply please send a resume and cover letter with interest to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Protected Veterans / Disabled.
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. If you have a disability or impairment and as a result you not able to complete an online application, please contact the Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being Human Resource Department at
763.780.3036 ext 835.
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being does not discriminate against any qualified applicant or employee because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance in implementing the policy concerning non-discrimination based on national origin or religion.