HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE: $4000 hiring bonus after 90 days of employment + additional $4000 after 18 months of employment
This role will support Centennial Middle and/or high schools in Lino Lakes, MN. Mental Health Resource Specialists are available to provide student mental health services during the school day on an as-needed basis. This one-of-a-kind position will support the mental health needs of students by being a presence in the school and being available for drop-in assistance, crisis assistance, peer support and skills groups, and any other mental health needs that arise during the school day. Perks of this position include prioritized time with students, creative freedom, flexibility, and minimal documentation. Mental Health Resource Specialists will be supported by the Lead Therapist in the Centennial School District and the Director of School Based Services. This is a full or part time, onsite, salaried position.
- Provide group, individual and family skills and support to school age youth with the ability to travel as needed.
- Provide crisis assistance to students as determined by school staff.
- Be available for drop-in assistance on an as needed basis.
- Provide referrals and resources to students and families.
- Liaison with parents when crises arise.
- Provide resources and trainings to school staff.
- Complete necessary documentation within required timelines
- Be available to meet with students, families, and staff during the school day, as well as outside of school hours as needed.
- Coordinate care and collaborate with assigned therapist, school staff and other involved professionals
- Meet with Lead Therapist and Director of School Based Services on regular basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree and be a qualified Mental Health Practitioner OR a Mental Health Professional.
- Experience with crisis work, day treatment, or residential treatment (Preferred)
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary based upon experience, plus hiring bonus for several programs
- Choice of 2 HealthPartners health plans, dental and vision insurance, employer paid life insurance and long term disability, 403(b) Retirement Account with company match, and Employee Assistance Program available.
- Generous time off, including 3 weeks of personal time, as well as 10 all-agency days off.
- Opportunities for internal career advancement
- Reimbursement of license exam, license renewal fees, and mileage when applicable
- Competitive training program in evidence-based practices
- Professional Development Plan supported by the agency, as well as opportunities for internal career advancement
- Organizational commitment to staff wellness, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Working closely with a team of diverse and committed mental health professionals to make a difference in the community
To apply please send a resume and cover letter with interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Women / Protected Veterans / Disabled.
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. If you have a disability or impairment and as a result you not able to complete an online application, please contact the Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being Human Resource Department at 763.780.3036 ext 835.
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being does not discriminate against any qualified applicant or employee because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance in implementing the policy concerning non-discrimination based on national origin or religion.