Who We Are:
Lee Carlson Center for Mental Health & Well-Being is a 501c3 non-profit and the primary provider of outpatient mental health services in Anoka County and surrounding areas. Each year we offer hope and healing to more than 6,000+ individuals and families struggling with a variety of emotional health issues. Services include clinic, home and school-based counseling and individual, family and group therapy as well as psychological testing, assessment and psychiatry.
A beacon of hope and healing for over 40 years, our mission is to provide exceptional and affordable mental health services to families, children, youth, and adults
The Engagement Specialist provides front desk reception at our new St. Louis Park location andworks collaboratively with all staff in order to provide with exceptional service to customers of all programs in the agency
Duties and Responsibilities
Front Desk Reception and Client Engagement
- Helps customer fully leverage their health insurance benefits while also developing payment plans within agency guidelines
- Helps customers find and gain access to appropriate care in consultation with clinical leadership while managing capacity metrics and informing leadership of program enrollment capacity, barriers and opportunities.
- Update and maintain database(s) to record and track various agency operations
- Verify insurance for all clientele and accurately explain the clients benefits
- Coordinate client appointments and scheduling support for meetings and presentations for the clinic within agency’s EMR system
- Obtain and enter client data, as well as billing and insurance information
- Answer and direct inquiries from clients, referral sources, payers and co-workers by providing timely and accurate responses
- Collect and process client insurance co-pays at the time of appointment
- Provide administrative assistance to staff, scheduling appointments, meetings, writing letter of thanks, appreciation, etc., making templates for forms
- Maintain and clean common areas throughout the building
- Provide miscellaneous clerical/computer duties for program staff
- Works collaboratively with clinical staff and clients on quarterly revivification of SLMH grant paperwork
- Coordinate and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with peers, management, & patients regarding the collection process
- Communicate with all Administrative staff through bi-weekly meetings regarding where LCC stands on payment with providers and patients
- Work with insurance providers to expedite the collection process and ensure any pre-authorization
- Answer patient inquiries regarding status of accounts and document conversation in appropriate patient records on computer or client file.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelors level or 5 years’ experience
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas in English both orally and in writing.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers and ability to calculate percentages.
- Physical Demands: Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Work Environment: Position requires travel between clinical sites and satellite clinic locations
- Other Skills Required: Must be proficient in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications and Electronic Medical Record (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and EMR system).
- Reasoning: Must be able to solve complex problems independently and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to achieve and maintain status of “not disqualified” upon completion of criminal background studies.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of drivers insurance, a satisfactory driving record and reliable transportation.
Competitive salary and benefits provided:
- Choice of two health plans through Health Partners
- Delta Dental Insurance + Avesis Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance + Long Term Disability
- 403(b) Retirement Account (matched up to 3% after 1 year)
- Legal Shield & Identity Shield
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discounts
- Gym membership reimbursement through health insurance selection.
- 80 hours Floating Holiday available immediately upon hire
- 40 hours accrued PTO in first year
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 2 Days Emergency Closing Days